Saturday, April 19, 2008

New Living Room

I've never thought of myself as a messy person or one with particularly poor decorating skills, but when my friend John walked through my house the other day, he was clearly unimpressed...so much so that he offered his professional decorating skills as a gift to me if I wanted. Of course, I wanted to him to use his magic touch on my home. I just never thought I could afford him. He has, after all, re-decorated the homes of some really big names in Hollywood. So, I gave him a very very small budget and left him alone for the day to do his stuff. He's really quite a fascinating person to watch work. He has no plan; just takes it moment by moment and listens to his intuition, which sweeps him away to a world of creativity that I for one am not allowed to enter! "Your house is telling you all sorts of things, Linda," he says, "you really need to listen to it or it won't be able to tell you any more!" I felt a little sheepish knowing I wasn't listening to my house. I tried to hear what it was saying, but all I got was a blank slate. The man has a gift. What can I say? I just let him converse with my house for the rest of the day, and when I returned at 9:00 that night, I was thrilled to walk into my beautiful new living space. He left me a note that said it needed a good cleaning. Surprisingly, the more I clean, the more I find needs to be done. I think I'm starting to hear what my house has to say, and I'm not sure I like it......"dust behind the furniture, clean the windows, sweep the cobwebs, organize, paint, do SOMETHING with your laundry/storage room you filthy slob! Fix your fence, trim your grass, pull some weeds! HOW CAN YOU LIVE LIKE THIS! YOU'RE A PIG....." AHHHH!!!! Shut up, house!





2 comments:

Yeehaw said...

Could you please hook me up with your friend?! My house is saying, "Please call Linda's friend!"

Lorraine said...

Okay, seriously!!! Now that I know my house talks......well, lets just say.... it's NOT GOOD. My half finished house is begging for attention. Apparently it has been neglected for way too long. Anyway, it's been fun reading your blogs. Always cool to find another friend with a blogspot!! Have a good night.