Thursday, April 3, 2008

D'Ogee and the Cat Toy

My dog is having an identity crisis. He either learned to do this by watching the cat, or...he thinks he is one! Honestly, have you ever seen a dog play like this?

I've stopped feeding D'Ogee regular dog food. I can't stand the thought of feeding my dog animal by-products, which are the worst of the worst kinds of meat. Call me a freak, but I want my dog to be super healthy, just like me. So, I bought him Newman's Own organic dog food. He hates it. I'm so disappointed. :( I've tried several brands that I approve of, but every morning he runs past his bowl of food and on to the cat's left overs, taking the cans under my bed so he can lick clean every bit of processed, artificial ingredients.

So, the next step was to make my own dog food. I found a great recipe on-line. Apparantly, I'm not the only hyper-sensitive dog freak out there! He loves the dog food, and it's super good for him. Just in case anyone else has had the same dilemma with thier dog, I'm sharing the recipe:

2 lbs of organic meat, cooked.

2 cups cooked oatmeal

4-6 scrambled eggs

1 cup cottage cheese

Blend:

5-6 carrots

2 cups broccoli

2 cups brown rice

Mix all ingredients together. Sleep well at night. :)

2 comments:

Dainon. said...

I like how quickly it ends. Once he's done, he is soooo done. Good thing, too ... sounded like his heart was going to burst right out of his chest.

Linda said...

My favorite is when he slides along the floor and almost runs into the door. hehe.....