Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Home Alone

My roommate Keva is gone for the summer, which leaves just the three of us here at home...me, D'Ogee and Keva's cat Bridgette. It's a little lonely sometimes. They aren't the best conversationalists, but there is definitely a comfort in having their furry little bodies chasing each other around the house.
Animals are interesting creations. They say a lot about God's imagination and even more about his humor. For example, I would like to have been there when God instilled in the canine the desire, no, the uncontrollable urge to pee on everything it possibly can. Little D'Ogee can hardly contain his excitement when he sees me put on my shoes and pick up his leash. I used to think he was excited just to be walking with me, but now I know his enthusiasm to start peeing on every bush, mailbox, and lamp post far outways the thrill of walking with his favorite human being in the world. It's ridiculous, really. He's like a two year old. Instead of grabbing and clutching onto every toy that he wants to claim, he runs around lifting his leg as if to say, "...and that garbage can is mine, and that fence post, and that rose bush, and that tree...mine, all mine!" Even when he's fresh out of urine, he's still lifting his leg and going through the motions.

Silly dog.

Silly God.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

That is so hilarious and true!

Yeehaw said...

Funny- As I'm reading that it dawns on me Clancey is napping in underwear... I had to run wake him up to save him from an accident. Good thing I was reading your blog!
:-)