Saturday, November 29, 2008

Hot Dog!

Let it be known that I am NOT the one who purchased these costumes for D'Ogee...just in case anyone misinterprets me to be a crazy dog woman who's obsessed with dressing her pet up in ridiculous clothing all the time. I take no responsibility for these! It is entirely the fault of D'Ogee's nutty Aunt Joanna who felt compelled to purchase not one, but five silly costumes for him for Christmas. Okay...just because I made him try them all on for the family over Thanksgiving and am forcing him to show them off for friends as well, I'm still not to blame! It's the crazy aunt...I swear! :)
I think he liked this cowboy outfit better than the other one I got him....it does have a little cowboy on the back, after all. It seems to make him feel more authentic.

This royal costume seemed to be his favorite...or at least, the least humiliating.


I'm not so sure he was as thrilled about the pirate costume, although it is more manly than the bumble bee.....sometimes he's a little hard to read.

And other times, he makes a pretty clear statement. I'm guessing by the way he's holding his head down in shame, that he would rather watch the bumble bee costume burn than ever put it on again.



Okay...this is the best one of all....the Hot Dog. I've tried to convince him that he's just wearing a big heavy coat, but I'm not sure he's buying it. He won't move when I put it on him. He becomes as stiff as a board.
It's as if he knows there's a fake condiment on his back that makes him look edible to big dogs and humans. I think it confuses him. Would you know what to do if you were strapped between two puffy cotton buns? Sometimes, you just get caught off guard, ya know?

4 comments:

Dainon. said...

Wearing those outfits is the reason some pets commit suicide, it's true.

Still ... and I'll only admit this here and now ... that hot dog outfit got one of the hardest laughs out of me today/tonight. Maybe he sits still because he's waiting to be nibbled on? Just a thought.

Angie Hill said...

Hey! Just wanting to know how the date with Matt went over the Thanksgiving holiday? I really hope this thing works out. You are both great and deserve to find someone and be happy. Angie

Yeehaw said...

Poor poor D'Ogee. I need to send you the one I got of him with his head hung so low his little beard is touching the ground. If he only knew what a privilege it is for a dog to get that many costumes at once...

Lorraine said...

HA HA HA! I love the costumes. Leave it to Joanna, right! Now you have costumes for Halloween years ahead. We dressed our poor little pom as a witch for halloween. She wasn't too happy about it either. So when are you going to post again??? Long time no hear.