Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Merry Month of May

Wow...it's been a whole month since I've written anything. I guess I haven't felt much like writing lately, so I'll give you a brief run down of the significant moments of May 2008....maybe then you'll understand why I haven't written.

Earlier in the month, I tried waxing my own legs. I bought a kit from the beauty store. It sounded easy...heat up the wax, wipe it on your legs with the provided sticks, let cool and pull. I'm quite sure it was supposed to have ripped off in large chunks, but instead I ended up picking it off my legs bit by bit for about 5 hours. The next morning I woke up to my pajamas stuck to my legs. It took days before all of that wax was off my skin.

This picture doesn't give justice the damage done to my legs by that horrible wax. I looked like a leper. All of that just to save $20. Next time, I'm having the professionals handle it.



D'Ogee got his hair cut a couple of weeks ago. I remembered the pet psychic saying that he wanted his toenails painted, so.....

I'm positive that he's a happier dog because of it.

I finally went to visit my new home in Challis, Idaho, and I took my boyfriend Tyler with me to meet the family, which, by the way, I have never done before. I don't like taking boys I'm dating home because my relationships are so short lived. I never trust that they'll last very long, and so there's no reason to get my family's hopes up. Tyler was so eager to come, though. He got the weekend off of work without any convincing on my part. Maybe he was just excited to revisit his old stomping grounds where he spent the summers river guiding along the Salmon....maybe he was anxious to talk to my dad about renting some of his property to establish the guiding business he's hoping to start. I dunno. Maybe he really did like me enough to want to meet my family, but then changed his mind. It happens. We had a fun weekend together....took a drive to Stanley Sat morning, went horse riding, 4-wheeling, played with the family which he said he really enjoyed. Things seemed to be going well, but two days after we got home, we broke up. Damn.

This is how I want to remember him. I try to trick myself into thinking he wasn't really that cute. Marlo said he was kind of immature for me. I try to convince myself of that, too.

Unfortunately, this is how he really looks:

At least he was nice enough to come help me finish the invisible dog fence we started for D'Ogee. It took way more work than I originally thought. Had I had a professional put it in, it would have cost me over $1000. Ty saved me at least $900 by putting it in for me. How could I be mad at a nice guy like that?

The worst part was digging a tunnel underneath my driveway so we could run the fence wire through it in a pvc pipe. As you can tell, it was a very messy job.

The guy deserves some gold stars, wouldn't you say?

So, now I've been training D'Ogee to stay inside the invisible fence. He has to wear a collar that shocks him when he tries to cross it. I accidentally shocked myself when we were testing it out, and suddenly I had second thoughts about subjecting my little dog to that treatment. Tyler kept me reminding me that it would be better than having him splatted all over the road. I had to agree, so I've forced myself to teach him. He's only had to be shocked a couple of times now. He's a pretty quick learner much to my happiness. Now I understand when my dad used to say just before bending us over his knee to give us a spanking, "Honey, this is going to hurt me more than it will you!"

....And that's May in a nutshell.

4 comments:

Yeehaw said...

You're funny.
1) You'll have to ask Bruce about our experience with a home waxing kit and that little patch of hair 4" above his butt crack... If only I'd of had a camera!
2) Did you mention to the psychic that D'Ogee is a male? A "manly" male?
3) Keep convincing yourself... it's true!
4) The best part is how you break up with a guy then make him labor & sweat! He deserves that! :-)
5) So do you think your dog will have fears of sidewalks from now on? That could be bad.

Joanna said...

Thanks to you and D'Ogee for sharing your bed with me and Franny. We didn't get much sleep, how about you?

Chris said...

Linda Lou you should have called me, last time I remember baby oil will take that wax right off. What a pain though! The things we do to be beautiful. We love you and pray for you always.

Linda said...

Thanks Family. You're the best.