Monday, June 23, 2008

Summer Soltice

I have the best girlfriends. Very few guys would come out to an event of this nature without mocking it the whole time. It was a Summer Soltice potluck picnic at a beautiful home in Bountiful. The evening included a meditation exercise, and then we wrote our dreams and goals on scrolls and put them into the fire so as to send our intentions out to the universe. Granted, I've done these rituals before and can't say that anything life changing has come of it, but one can always try, try again.



Tanya, Camine, Georgia, Britta and I had such a fun evening together. These are the cream of the crop gals I tell ya.
Tanya showing off her raffle ticket winnings...a free 2 night's stay at a fancy hotel in a fancy location. Woohoo! Take me!


Chris was the only guy I knew there. I'm sure he only came to watch Emily, his beautiful hippy girlfriend, sing and play the guitar. There's no way I could have convinced him to come to something like this! Good job, Emily!

1 comment:

Yeehaw said...

Wow... that's not really how I would have taken the "burning of the dreams." I'm glad to see you all look at the glass half full!
You're the best!