Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

I love Easter. It's so much better than Christmas for so many reasons. For one thing, it's in the spring when everything is coming alive instead of in December which feels like the beginning of a long, painful death. Not only that, but the holiday itself is so significant. Not to undermine the birth of the Savior, but it wasn't his birth that saved us. It was the Atonement, and the day he was resurrected celebrates the fact that we will live again because of Him. It's such a happy concept, and I love having a day dedicated to remembering it.

I also love the fact that there isn't a lot of hype around Easter. You don't have to decorate your house or prepare a month in advance. You don't have to make candy for your neighbors, throw big parties, or worry about buying enough presents for other people. I didn't even spend the day with family or friends, and i don't feel guilty or sad about that. I had egg salad for dinner, and it wasn't even very good, but the point is Easter isn't emotionally tied to any of those things. Nobody worries about making sure all the poor families get enough in their Easter baskets so that they can have a good Easter. None of that matters. All that matters is that Christ died and was resurrected so that we can live again. Knowing that is all that we need in order to have a "good Easter".

Church was really nice today. We had 3 musical numbers in Sacrament Meeting, and they were beautiful. The Spirit was in my heart most of the day. I came home from church, cleaned the house, took a nap and then took D'Ogee to the park where I met a nice girl with the cutest little copper colored poodle. We sat by each other and talked while our dogs played. So many nice people and funny little dogs were at the park today. I really love having an in with the dog people in the community. Everyone's so nice to each other and open. Just because I have a cute dog, people assume I'm a nice person and they are friendly and talkative with me. I love it.

On another note, I'm still seeing Matt. The condensed scoop on him is that we really like each other, but he's not as ready for a relationship as I am. He's working on it by taking things slow, but I'm not so sure it's really moving forward. Our teacher in relief society today said that God answers our prayers in one of three ways. He either says 1: YES; 2: NOT RIGHT NOW; or 3: I HAVE SOMETHING BETTER IN MIND. I feel like I need to apply that to dating. Instead of trying to make something work or worrying about whether or not he's going to call me, I just need to trust God that he wants the absolute best for me, and if things don't go anywhere with Matt then He has someone better in mind for me. So, I'm going to take that approach, get really involved with my own life and let Matt decide if he wants to be a part of it. If he does, he'll step up to the plate and make it happen. If not, then God has someone better for me. I like that thought. :)

No comments: