Monday, September 1, 2008

Le Rendevous

There's something consistently odd about small town festivals. The Mountain Man Rendevous in Wyoming this weekend was no exception. It certainly drew an unusual crowd. In fact, I think this was the first time I've seen men walking around in public with loin cloths on and nothing underneath. Of course, these fine gentlemen are welcome to walk around in whatever they do or do not choose to wear..........


This one, however, is not.......

I think these were the original three amigos......

And this, of course, is a bear pushing a stroller.....

After enjoying the crazies, we spent the weekend relaxing at Rob's parent's ranch house.

This little turkey had it out for D'Ogee. He chased him away from his buddy the rooster, and must have threatened him with his waddling wattle, because by the end of the weekend, D'Ogee wouldn't go near him.
The best root beer ever.....
Hat making lady....
Saturday afternoon we cooled off by cliff jumping at the Flaming Gorge.
Well, some of us jumped. Others spent a long time staring at the water trying to jump. :0




Good times. :) Thanks Robert for sharing your very unusual but friendly hometown with us!

3 comments:

Yeehaw said...

That's awesome! See, Wyoming could be a fun place to live!
FYI: I got your messages but my cell phone isn't working. Keep calling me at home, I want to talk!
Love you!

Jamie said...

I was cracking up so hard at this one. Those men CAN wear loin cloths whenever they want. Hubba hubba!~

paulak said...

Hey, I love your blog. So much fun to read and see all the fun things you are doing. I want to find out more about your juice cleanse. Would you email me, I have misplaced your card. kankanweeks@yahoo.com